Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 23

Theme: Christians to Take Part in the Public Arena

Scriptures:

[Isaiah 42:1]

"Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.

[Isaiah 42:6-8]

I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

Prayer Subjects:

1. Churches to stand and to challenge their congregation to participate in public concerns

2. The Lord to raise more Christian workers in the public arena and field of work

3. The Lord's wisdom, strength and counsel be on all his servants who are engaged in the public square

4. The Church to be bold and courageous to speak out against the deprivation of rights and any unfair distribution of social goods

Personals:

O Father LORD, lead Your people into righteousness, participate them in public concerns and provide them with the wisdom, strength and counsel they need to work in the public squares. As a body of Christ, let's together say "NO" to injustice and put an end to the deprivation of rights dealt to the poor, oppressed and marginalized. In Jesus' Name I pray, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment