Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Relationships

As humans, we deem to construct relationships all the time, some of them can be a short instant acquaintance, some can last for a few years, and some can call for a lifetime.

What about the relationship beyond a life-time?

Well, if you realize this blog's title is LIFE THROUGH JESUS, obviously what I am talking about here is not some infamous drama line where prince-charming tends to make a LOVE YOU FOREVER statement. DUH~ I guess you're pretty sure what I am talking here is about the relationship with God.

Well, to be honest, building a relationship with God is nevertheless likewise a relationship with a friend or lover. So, imagine if you only call your friend when you're in need of HELP, and see if he responds, LOL!

It's rational that if you treasure the feelings between each other, you'll phone that someone once in awhile, perhaps just to say hi, and listen to what he or she has got to say, and maybe spending some time going out together and you know~

The point here is, are you a good listener? In all relationships, it's important that you listen more than u speak, cause if you talk too much, the whole conversation will be congested with "ME ME ME ME ME, and I I I I I I", come on lah, personally I wouldn't want to speak with such a ego wey~

Hmm, there is this verse in the bible that supports the message:

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry [James 1:19]

When it comes to the relationship of God, it is likewise as important to listen, and here comes another scripture, ta-da!!

Listen carefully to my words; let your ears take in what I say. [Job 13:17]

Alright, I guess it's enough about the listening thingy, but it is almost as important to have the heart, compassion and love to be attentive to listen right? So, cultivate the loving heart in your soul, as Christians, let us move towards the direction of our Father's unfailing love through listening to his commands and decrees.

Prayers:

O Father LORD, I pray that You would guide us to be attentive listeners of Your words, to be sensitive enough for your signs, and to be eager enough to seek. I pray that the Holy Spirit will fall among us, and to give us strength as we proceed in faith, to love the people even if they don't in return. Give us this insanely strong heart and wisdom like Yours, so that we will not be weary in doing good. Let us be confident that you are our guidance beyond a lifetime relationship, in Jesus Name We Pray, AMEN!




No comments:

Post a Comment