Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 5

Theme: Compassion in Action

Scriptures:

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action is dead. [James 2:14-17]

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. [1 John 3:18]

Prayer Subjects:

1. Renewing of mind and a compassionate heart

2. Seek out practical opportunities to minister to the felt needs of our neighbours in our community

3. A united vision fr God's kingdom rather than our own

Personals:

LORD, I submit myself and all I am to You, I surrender my life to live as a living sacrifice, I just pray that you would guide me through my times of difficulties, and lead me to the promised land, Empower me with your Holy Spirit to strike my compassion of my heart, tell me ways I could reach out to the community, and I will for Your Kingdom to come forth and through it we glorify Your Name. In Jesus' Name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment