Monday, July 13, 2009

The Beginning (Desire)

First and foremost, I would like to dedicate this blog to the LORD, my savior, who died on the cross for our sins 2000 years ago. I am new and young in faith, but through You and Your strength that is at work within me, I believe that I would make a difference, and be the difference. I would do my best to maintain this blog as often as possible, and to you dear readers outside, I just hope you guys would have fun!

The first topic I would be discussing about is:

DESIRE

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul." [Deuteronomy 4:29] (NIV)

I would like to share a personal story.

In my form 5 days , I was one of my school's English debater. The conductor of our team was Ms. CM Tan, and Ms. Jane Loh. The preparations were harsh, and sometimes frustrating overwhelmed with tears and sweat. Days were tough and it gradually proceeded into the first round. It was out of complete ignorance that we won and made it through the next, and the next until the Finals. Throughout the debate, Ms. CM Tan always picked the ONE to draw the lots deciding on our stand as government or opposition, and miraculously we always get what we wanted. "Coincidences and Luck" I thought, but never really panicked as we basically were familiar with both stands. It was until the Finals that I noticed the divine power within.

The Finals was a phenomena, one that would leave a great impression for many years to come. It was then when I was the chosen ONE. This wasn't like previous cases where we were well prepared, I strongly know in my heart that if we were to get opposition, I would be a rug head and messy incidences will occur. The only person to depend on now is God, and when CM prayed and called me to draw the lots, I didn't know why, but the one of the two lots in front of me just appeared to be uniquely special, and a calling I heard was to pick it up, a calling from my heart, and guess what, We thanked God for the government stand.

A year went by, and it came to the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal LORD and savior. At that point, I was uncomfortable with it, the first sight I saw people worshiping God with all their strength and all their might, jumping in joy, I was trembled and disgusted. One christian friend of mine just gave me a go and told me to go out and receive the LORD, and I nodded with full unwillingness.

In 2008 December, my dear friend Mr. Ker brought me to a youth camp, called B.U.R.N.. Knowing I am a christian despite being a touch and go one, I went, hoping to see changes. And "poof", I transformed! Nah~ But I got really excited and wanted to look deeper within, deeper into the roots, throwing aside every thought and prayed to God like never before. And things have gradually came towards the good, God performed many miraculous signs in my life and eventually gave me my direction and purpose.

The END

Well, coming back to the topic of desire, I would want to challenge you whether if your heart is devoted enough, whether if your desires for His love is fading due to the bizarre of life? If that is the case, have you desired to make a difference, to depend on Him and desire that He takes control?

In Jesus name, I pray that everyone out there who felt a sense of incompetence in their life to surrender it all to You, because I know You are worthy, We desire for Your love, and desire for Your Rest, Peace, and Joy. Come into all our lives and take us to a level of understanding like never before, burn the desires of our heart, and give us the courage to seek your face. As it is written in Matthew 7:8 "For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." In Jesus' Mighty Name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment