Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hey Peeps Listen Up!

It's been awhile since I've updated something more personal, and, today at 5.29 a.m. in the morning, I am here to share with you guys a testimony, a BIG one.

Because of the pimple issues I am facing, I am very frustrated and sometimes breaking down to a point where I suffer from a loss of confidence. Those who are close to me would know that I am very much bothered, and went through the Benzoyl Peroxide treatment for my whole face.

The motivation to click the starter was a calling (most likely from God) to start browsing the net for a certain webpage which is acne.org. I started the treatment, and initial breakouts were bad, and I actually went through 3 initial breakouts which is kinda horrible to bare with. I got desperate and just 2 days back I decided to visit a dermatologist which I went a few years back, and insisted I didn't want just another antibiotic which temporarily cures but returns in vast., and chose ACCUTANE. For those who don't know what Accutane is, it is a drug precribed for severe acne sufferers, it reduces the oil production in the glands with a cost of uncertain and massive side effects.

I never even thought of praying for direction, with all my will, I said, F*** it, I'll rather die early than suffer from acne.

In more developed countries, the drug is hardly prescribed and requires blood test and such. But, in this pit we live in, the dermatologist just gave it to me really willingly, cause it is costly.

I went on the drug for 2 days, and even from day 1, I suffered from insomnia and heart pounding, a considerably rare side effect.

I was tired, and such, I couldn't sleep, and felt very much like puking. Despite so, I bogusly pretended alright, and went to the Barbecue just to see how it goes on.

As expected, I couldn't sleep again. I woke up telling my mum I was disturbingly uncomfortable, my heart is pounding too quickly, breathing seems hard, and I couldn't sleep.... She came down stairs with me, and she told me to relax. She prayed, and I went to pray together.

At this point, I cried, I surely didn't know what it takes to just risk my life, I defiled the dependence I should have on Him. Prayed for forgiveness in tears, and thanked my mum.

She told me, she has been continuously praying that God will guard me from the side effects, and show her signs.

I was guided by Him, I always was;

Searching through the net, I am not in the norm, for the people who actually discovered these dreadful side effects are mostly in day 7 or so.

I pictured if I was in day 7 with some high dose or such and suffer from the life-long side effects, and gratefully I prayed thanks.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME.
ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment