Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Worship

Every time, when we walk through the church door and go to our seats, what are we expecting out of the service? Are you fulfilling the obligations of being a christian, socializing, passing time or giving God His moment?

It is sometimes difficult to get into the spirit of Worship, and I do understand it through experience. But, reminiscing the time I was in Thailand, and perhaps Sibu, something hit me. The hunger for God was at a total different level, the experience of seeing them cry out to God, with strong faith that it would make a difference, breaks my heart.

In Thailand, I remembered an experience where a Pastor was seriously facing problem in paying the fees for his church construction after feeling lead to start up one. He was in great distress. One of the days we were there, Pastor Somsak's wife spoke up to the congregation about his problem, yet didn't voice anything about the sum of money he needed. Through God's voice speaking to the people's heart, the offering collected was enough to cover all the expenses. They were poor people, and I mean really poor, farmers mostly, yet they made it, because it was God's plan, it was His will.

When worship sessions were conducted in the different places I went, it was obvious that the language used was different, yet that made a strong stir in my heart. For like we sing it, one day every knee will bow, every tongue will confess, that You are God, I felt that happening just in front of me. Worshiping in other language to the same God, the feeling you get from it is just indescribable.

At those moments, I felt sorry for that even though I understood all that I sing during worship sessions in church, I sometimes barely practice what I sang.

Worship is not about the words, it's about you, and God, and the good time praising Him with a thankful heart. Doing it without the words, without the understanding of what you're singing could often take us to a higher comprehension of what worship is about.

Praise You Lord, for every worship song that exists throughout the nations, it might sound different, yet, it's the same You, and that's great. One day all knees will bow, all tongues will confess, that You're God. May it be according to what You will. Amen

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of what a friend used to tell me, "Christians don't tell lies, they sing them." This post really serves as a great reminder as to what worship is really about! You should keep updating your bloggggg to inspire people around you!!!!

    ReplyDelete