Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Purpose

As you all know, I participated in 30 Hour Famine awhile ago. For me, it's a wonderful experience and I really thank God for giving me wonderful group mates which comprises of 7 fellas from SMK Seafield, Jenny from Help Psychology, Jennifer (Jenny's sister), and Angeline. It was awesome to see some familiar church faces, like Jin Yin, Wyman, Melody, Arnold and of course the inviter John.

The games are pretty meaningful and seriously through it I know I was molded for a purpose. For those who didn't come, too bad, but you can share the joy by looking at this team as they finished their huts they were suppose to live in.

Cool aint it? It's purely made of card boxes, newspaper, and strings. NO JOKES!

For an insight of what I felt, It was never easy being a group leader. The main issue that bothered me was that despite sleeping 2 hours the previous day and all that hunger, I've got to show enthusiasm and appear participative. I would like to say thank you to my group mates for they never blamed me and attended to my lame jokes and sort.

Day time activities were energy consuming but then it all soothes down at night.

See, what I meant by soothing~ LOL~

In the next morning, we were leaving for the concert at Bukit Jalil. In my opinion, it is pretty much chinese dominated, and due to the fact that I am leading an english group, it seemed gloomy. Everyone was tired and hungry, and all I hoped for is that time pass by soon enough that I would not die starving. Seriously, even Ah Mei didn't get me excited. =.=

Deep down my heart, I realize how uncontented we are. The situation out there is getting pretty bad, food crisis is pwndering the whole world and yet some brainless freaks are still worsening the situation with the FUCKIN biofuel development. I know people would think that I am crazy for being mad, but I just can't tolerate a child's laughter being slaughtered by advancement of technology. I would rather have a deserted world filled with happy people.

People out there need help, and you and I can make a difference!! Use our intellectual skills for the correct purpose and shine for God, live to serve as He died serving US!

These children need our help, they deserve the rights to live just as our blessed offsprings. Give them the happiness they need, for even by looking at the smiles of the children triggers tears, for I know it takes more than you imagine to put it on.

2 comments:

  1. wa wa wa.. saddenly only i see myself in here... scary wei! who took the pic la?!! dun tell me YOU did? LOL

    may i have the ori pic? engsoontanm@yahoo.com

    its nice to know you're a fellow brother in Christ. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were, LOL!
    I saw you praying before sleep that day...
    I was beside the stage la.
    Singging some songs with my church mates~

    ReplyDelete