Friday, September 4, 2009

Pride

Seriously, when I think back of the incidences I've been through, I thank God for forgiving me, I was unworthy, foolish......

Sometimes as we progress in the Christian Walk, we tend to forget the fundamental basis of being Christians. Today, I got awakened by John of the word HUMBLE.

God is always faithful, He gently awaits us to have this intimate love relationship with Him.

Sometime ago, I was questioning about my experience and walk with God, for that somethings haven't been happening for awhile. It's like it vanished all of a sudden, and again it comes back to this word HUMBLE.

John quoted that many worship leaders who initially served God strayed away because of pride. It's when you're in front, that you tend to forget what brought you there.

At the beginning, we all prayed for humility, we prayed for joy, for love, for Godly wisdom. But sooner or later when we experienced God and truly believed in Him, we did not move on the way He intended. On the contrary, we kept asking for more, we desire more good, and we seek recognition.

God takes initiative to have a relationship with us, He wants to achieve His plans through us. We are not the ones to demand, but to listen, to adjust our lives to live in line with His footsteps.

Today in CF, while we worshiped, I saw an endless road in a dry land, with no dividers. My understanding tells me that, God wanted to show me that the Christian path is long, and it is harsh, with no turn-backs, but the far land in front would be promising.


*It looks something like this*

Father Lord, I repent for pride while I serve You, I repent for not being REAL enough towards You. Guide me with the Holy Spirit, feel me with hunger for Your Words, make me HUMBLE at all cost, and never allow me to stray from You. In Jesus' Name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment